2 Sep 2011 Update: Hard Rock Hotel Penang has picked the winner! And the winner is…
Name: Jacqueline Brodin
Congratulation, Jacqueline! Hard Rock Hotel Penang will notify you shortly.
To Fans and Readers who participated in the contest, hope you win big time next round!
31 Aug 2011 Update: The contest has ended. The winner will be announced on TravelerFolio.com and via email notification by Hard Rock Hotel Penang on 2 September 2011. Thank you for your participation!
Hard Rock Hotel Penang is more than just a beach resort. The fun-filled oasis brings Rock ‘n’ Roll experience to the famous Batu Ferringhi that’s merely 30-min away from Georgetown, a UNESCO World Heritage Site dotted with colonial era mansions, traditional clan houses and heritage buildings.
Being regular visitors to Penang island, we spent most of the time pigging out at roadside food stalls, restaurants and hanging around in the malls. In the month of June, we did something different – a beach vacation at Hard Rock Hotel.
Feel the Rock ‘n’ Roll vibe from the moment you enter the stylish beach resort!
The 6-storey luxurious Hard Rock Hotel Penang boasts 250 rock inspired rooms and suites, and most of them have balconies with lovely views of the Andaman sea. For a rockin’ vacation, we stayed at a Lagoon Deluxe room that comes with direct access to the 26,000 sq ft free-form swimming pool – the largest in Penang. How convenient and fun!
The Lagoon Deluxe room is well appointed with an entertainment system, an iPod Docking station, Wi-Fi connection, a comfy Sleep Like A Rock® bedding and a chic bathroom with Hard Rock’s signature RockSpa bathroom amenities among others.
Eat, play, swim!
Enjoy rock spa massages, facials and other treatments at the Rock Spa while the little tots have fun at the specialized Lil’ Rock Kids Club that offers baby-sitting and other activities such as arts & craft, Internet game console, movies and face painting. Kids frolicking at the beach-sand swimming pool love the water playground area with slides and water guns too! Those aged 13 and above can head over to the Teens Club for PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, Foosball, Pool tables and others.
The right spin of rock music fills the air and a chock-full of over 500 items of Hard Rock memorabilia collection from music superstars displayed throughout the hotel demands your attention. Some of the eye catchers include Elton John‘s jacket of green and white stripes decorated with flowers, Jon Bon Jovi‘s black leather outfit that he wore during the concert tours in the 80s and the red Fender Strat Squier guitar signed by a member of The Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Left: Eric Burdon wore this red double knit leisure suit while on tour with The Animals.
Right: To commemorate the sales of over 500,000 copies of The Rolling Stones records album, cassette and C.D of “Dirty Work”.
At the hotel, there are three Rock Shops with a wide selection of Hard Rock T-shirts and Hard Rock Cafe merchandise, ideal as travel mementos.
Chandelier-like lightings that display different colours of Hard Rock logo at the lobby entrance.
Hard Rock Penang Hotel is themed around the Beatles. So you will see the Beatles sculptures, artefacts and paintings all around the hotel!
So where is the King of Pop? The white statue of Michael Jackson is prominently displayed right in front of the world famous Hard Rock Cafe, a name that is synonymous with authentic American cuisine and live band performances.
A venue to jam from day till night, catch the Live band performances @ Hard Rock Cafe while tucking into lip-smacking good food signature to the Hard Rock Cafe.
Juicy ribs and tantalizing chicken!
There is something to suit everyone’s taste buds at the Starz Diner where a variety of Asian and International dishes are spread out in buffet style. I love the desserts! There was also a live band when we were dining at the restaurant.
If you are craving for crisp pizza and pasta, another cool dining spot by the poolside is Pizzeria. A perfect location to chill out and take in the sea breeze, Pizzeria also serves international and local snacks.
Sunset @ Batu Ferringhi beach.
In the right place, at the right time, we were grooving with hundreds of reggae fans at Hard Rock Hotel Penang on a Sunday night, 19 June. Together with Bob Marley, The Wailers have sold over 250 million albums worldwide and the Jamaican reggae band clinched seven Top 10 singles out of 20 music chart hits.
The Wailers are Hard Rock International’s Global Ambassadors and they had been on a Rock Tour to Asia. Hard Rock Hotel Penang is positioned as an entertainment venue to host quality live music events in Penang and Malaysia.
To find out more information on the upcoming events and activities at Hard Rock Hotel Penang, check out its official website: penang.hardrockhotels.net
WIN A HOLIDAY @ Hard Rock Hotel Penang! (Worth RM2320)
TravelerFolio partners with Hard Rock Hotel Penang to hold the contest and the prize is a 3 Day/2 Night stay in Seaview Deluxe Room with daily buffet breakfast for 2 persons! All readers of TravelerFolio.com stand a chance to win this fabulous holiday!
Simply choose the correct answer, fill in your particulars and submit the contest form. Easy peasy!
This contest ends on 31 August 2011 (2359 hours Singapore time). The winner will be notified by Hard Rock Hotel Penang.
Terms and Conditions
• Contest is open to all readers of TravelerFolio.com
• Entrants must be age 18 & above.
• The contest is limited to 1 entry per person.
• The contest shall be held from 5 – 31 August 2011.
• All entries must be submitted online via the contest form provided.
• Hard Rock Hotel Penang and TravelerFolio.com reserve the right to change / amend, add or alter the Terms and Conditions herein and without prior notification and all contestants shall be bound by such changes, amendments, additions and / or alterations.
• Hard Rock Hotel Penang reserves the right to replace any qualifier (s) and / or winner (s) subsequently found to be disqualified.
• Judge’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entertained.
• Employees of the organizer, and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter this contest.
• Prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash whether in whole or in part.
• Prize is not inclusive of travel arrangements such as flights and airport transfer. Winner is required to make his/her own travel arrangements to the hotel.
• Redemption of the prize and travel must be completed by 15 February 2012. Black-out dates may apply. We will not be able to entertain requests on extension of the redemption period or the travel period.
• Winner will be notified by post and the winner must travel by the date stipulated by the sponsor, falling which, the prize will be forfeited and any enquiries thereafter will not be entertained.
• The winner agrees that Hard Rock Hotel Penang may disclose and publish his / her name and any other of his / her particulars (including photographs) in any manner fit for publicity purposes. Winner must participate in these activities and public relations activities organized by Hard Rock Hotel Penang.
• Hard Rock Hotel Penang and and TravelerFolio.com shall not be liable for any third-party claims or losses of any nature, including but not limited to, loss of profits, punitive, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages or for other damages arising from the Contestants participation in the Contest and / or the receipt by the Contestant of the prize, including but not limited to any travel packages.
• Upon your entry to the contest, it shall be deemed that all information may be used in our business associates and / or partners future marketing / promotional activities, or to compile statistics or may be disclosed to the authorities or to the courts or the sponsor (s) of the contest you have participated in at our discretion.
Keep in touch!
You are encouraged to subscribe to TravelerFolio RSS / Facebook / Twitter for any upcoming giveaway and contest.
I joined the contest! Keeping my fingers crossed 🙂
Love the humongous guitar!
@Wei Leen: hehe nice yeah!
Nice one! I joined too! 😀
Awesome …. Joined!!!
That’s a great experience at Penang. Hoping that I’ll win your competition so that I’ll have the chance to explore Penang and Hard Rock Cafe of course.
love the penang food…….is yummy yummy
Eunice, it is good to see you’re still blogging. I look forward to coming to the Penang someday and seeing the Hard Rock Hotel myself . I hope you continue to travel to your satisfaction as I continue my pursuit to travel more, myself.
Hi Eunice, nice blog…I joined the competition and I’m keeping my fingers crossed! My husband and I met in Hard Rock KL 12 years ago…so we really have a thing for HRCs around the world! Keep blogging! xx
great pleasure. happy to joined. thanks hard rock.. keep ROCKZ..
OMG! Thank you Eunice and Hard Rock Hotel Penang for this very grand prize 😉 Looking at airfares today for my trip to Penang! Food coma here I come. 😉 Looking forward to blogging on Penang and Hard Rock 😉
Hey Jackie: I’m happy for you! Keep me posted, I’d love to check out your photos from Penang! 😀
congratulations to the winner! stopping by to say hi to you Eunice!